Up All Night- The Growing Prysocks

16 Things about Stephanie

Filed under: , by: David and Stephanie

For weeks I have seen several blog posts and Facebook notes in which the author shares random facts seemingly unknown by the general population. I have loved reading them but have really struggled to find anything weird/interesting/funny enough to post. However, since David and I haven't been able to post in about two weeks I thought I would give it a shot. Hopefully next time David will be able to share as well.

So here goes!

1. Secretly, whenever I take a shower I imagine that I am auditioning for American Idol. I don't typically watch the show nor would I ever dream of trying out for it. Yet, when I am in the shower (which has AWESOME acoustics) I go to town. Whitney Houston, eat your heart out.

2. Lately I have found myself daydreaming up creative ways to someday unveil the news to our family and friends that we are pregnant. When we get pregnant, that is.

3. I have a very strong fear of sharks that has slowly developed into a fear of being in the deep ocean. Actually, I had a panic attack once when I was swimming from an island out to a sailboat and almost drowned because I was terrified that a shark was coming after me. (Then, it turned out that I had to tread water for 10 minutes once I reached the boat because a barracuda was circling it. I think that sealed the deal.)

4. I think the best gift in the entire world took place in a Disney movie: When the Beast unveiled an entire library as a present to Belle. A-Mazing.

5. There was a time in my life where I had to sleep completely under the covers and as still as humanly possible because I was convinced that a tyrannosaurus rex was staring directly into my bedroom window.

6. I do not eat scrambled eggs because, to me, they look like dead baby chickens.

7. One of my favorite things about Christmas is looking at Christmas lights. I learned this year that not everyone thinks it is as fun as I do.

8. I love canned spinach. I would eat it straight out of the can if my husband wasn't totally disgusted by it.

9. I think that dogs go to heaven.

10. At one time I could quote verbatim the entire movie "Ever After." It's been several years since I have seen it, but I think I could still manage over 50%.

11. I have never successfully eaten a tomato.

12. My biggest pet peeve is when things fall down. My husband says I am constantly mad at gravity.

13. I do the most incredible lip-syncing rendition of Air Supply's "Making Love Out of Nothing At All." It's a shame none of you will ever get to see it because it is truly something to behold.

14. I love to read. I know everyone knows that but I just HAD to include it.

15. I am obsessed with Jon and Kate Plus 8. They make me want to have sextuplets.

16. I've recently taken up crocheting. My favorite thing about creating things out of yarn is not what the actual product is but rather is the idea of carrying on the tradition of something my grandmother did. Every time I crochet I feel more connected to the women of past generations.

6 comments:

On January 25, 2009 at 8:28 PM , ~lady j said...

1. YES.
2. I can't wait. :) I mean I can, but-- yay! :)
6. L.O.L. literally. You are so darling. That is such a-- you thing to say!
9. They totally do.
12. That sounds like a D-Pokism.
13. Mr. Smith would be delighted. :)

p.s. everytime i see pink rainboots, i almost buy them for you. every time. but then i remember that i don't know your shoe size.

 
On January 26, 2009 at 8:02 AM , Stephanie said...

LOVE it! You're so sweet. I miss you, love.

And yay pink rainboots! i love that you think of me. :)

 
On January 26, 2009 at 9:33 AM , Samantha said...

2- Seriously. CAN NOT WAIT.

3- Umm... never happened to me, but I can't go too far from the beach when snorkeling either.

5- ME TOO!!

15- ME TOO!! Really, we were destined to be friends.

 
On January 26, 2009 at 10:49 AM , Stephanie said...

We WERE destined to be friends! That's amazing that we have such fun things in common.

Being jobless when I graduate is having more and more plus sides....spending days crafting with Samantha..... :)

 
On January 26, 2009 at 11:17 AM , David and Stephanie said...

1. I can witness to this. She is actually a truly amazing singer. Sometimes I creepily hang out in the bathroom while she showers just to listen.

7. Ahem. What exactly does that mean? I had a total blast. I may have been a bit tired, but I truly enjoyed our Christmas light excursion. Particularly the disdainful insults of the poorly done houses. Hilarious!

8. This is true. I've tried to be more open minded, but I've found that the problem isn't so much with my mind as it is with my nose, my stomach, and my gag reflex. Sorry honey.

10. The list of movies she can quote the majority of is not a short list.

12. This is also true. And I have found that this has also become more of a pet peeve of mine.

13. I would not describe this lip-syncing as incredible. A more accurate word would be "epic"

 
On January 26, 2009 at 12:11 PM , Stephanie said...

Lol. Epic. Love it.