Jonah.
Eleven months. I can hardly believe it.
You have grown up so much just in the past month. You're starting to look more and more like a little boy and less like a baby. It's wonderful and hard all at the same time.
When we visited Grammy and Papa this month, you had your FIRST night away from Mama and Daddy. I'll admit, I was a bit nervous. You've been struggling with separation anxiety for the past several months, so I wasn't sure how you'd take it. But you did GREAT! You were having so much fun with Grammy and Papa that you hardly missed us at all.
When we visited Grammy and Papa this month, you had your FIRST night away from Mama and Daddy. I'll admit, I was a bit nervous. You've been struggling with separation anxiety for the past several months, so I wasn't sure how you'd take it. But you did GREAT! You were having so much fun with Grammy and Papa that you hardly missed us at all.
You're eating like a champ and are willing to try anything. Avocado doesn't seem to upset you anymore, so there isn't a single food you don't enjoy. We're still trying to instill a love for fruits and veggies, so you mostly have been gobbling up fresh produce lately and I love that you love it.
On a related note, you've started signing too! Your favorite sign is "more." Mostly it applies to food, but you also use it with play too {reading, tickling, etc.}. You'll sign "eat" and what I think is "all done" as well. I'm trying to learn more and more signs so I can keep teaching! It's helping us communicate and {I think} it's cutting down on fussiness as well.
You've gotten so fast at crawling this month! You love to crawl off into me and Daddy's bedroom and {attempt to} explore our closet or bathroom. I've had to be on my toes a lot lately. And I've already begun to experience the "if it's quiet, there is trouble" concept.
You and Beesly have been playing together more and more. You think she's hilarious. It's so fun to hear you squealing and giggling while you chase after her. I'm so happy you two get along so perfectly.
You're getting more and more independent. You love playing with Mama and Daddy, but you are so curious and have no problem setting out on your own. Sometimes, we'll be playing happily and you drop what your doing and crawl off into our bedroom! It always makes me wish I knew what was going on in that little head of yours.
Daddy has been one of your favorite people this month. Each day when he walks in the door, you get so excited! You squeal and shake and take off after him to demand a little attention. It's so sweet to watch. You always seem so content in his arms.
You are still sleeping great {thank you, Jesus. Seriously. Such an answered prayer}. You are so much happier now that you're more well-rested. You're even going down for naps so much easier. You hardly fuss at all and actually seem glad for the rest sometimes.
Things Jonah Loves at 11 Months:
Daddy
Beesly
Eating
Opening cabinets
Reading books {with or without Mama}
Mastered Skills (most kids can do)
• Says “mama” or “dada” to the correct parent — I'm not sure about this one. You definitely say "dada" to David, but "mama" still only happens when you're super upset. So maybe?• Plays patty-cake and peek-a-boo — You love to play peek-a-boo, but you haven't started covering your own eyes yet.
• Stands alone for a couple of seconds — Yes! You've gotten so much better at this!
• Cruises —Yep!
Emerging Skills (some kids can do)
• Understands “no” and simple instructions —Oh yes. We say "not for Jonah," but you definitely know what that means.• Puts objects into a container —Yep.
Advanced Skills (a few kids can do)
• Says one word besides “mama” or “dada” — Again with the maybe. You babble all. the. time. So it's hard to say.• Stoops from standing position —Yes!
Jonah, we love you so very much. You are the biggest blessing from the LORD and your Daddy and I are so grateful for you. It has been amazing watching you grow and I can't wait to celebrate your birthday in just one short month! We love your sweet spirit: you're such a happy guy and you bring us {and everyone you meet} so much joy. We continue to pray that God will chase after your heart and that you will know His perfect love all your life. You're amazing, Buddy.
We adore you.
<3
<3
0 comments: