Up All Night- The Growing Prysocks

The MuteMath Concert- 6th & I Synagogue

Filed under: by: David and Stephanie

Steph's still in recovery, and this is a photo-heavy blog. You've been warned.

Last night was the big show. The venue was a historic synagogue in downtown D.C. The place was really kind of small (think: Beltway's chapel plus a balcony). I was worried at first because it was so small and I thought there might not be enough room for MuteMath's usual shenanigans. I was very wrong, and they blew the roof off that synagogue.

The opening band was As Tall As Lions. They were quite good, they had a unique sound and a lot of energy. They were unique but clearly talented. They put on a good show and I think they were an ideal warm-up act for MuteMath. If you're interested, they are now available on my Simplify Media account.

Some of the pictures are a little blurry and/or low quality. The low quality I attribute to the camera and lack of light, the blurriness is all the band's fault, they rarely slow down enough to get a clear picture.

Waiting in line outside the synagogue.
It was kinda cold.... (she crocheted that beanie herself, btw)


So Darren King, the drummer, walked out of the bus which we were waiting in line next to, and saw Stephanie in the cold rain. So he said, "Here, you're drenched, you should take my umbrella."
So that's Stephanie holding Darren King's umbrella. I was gonna get a picture, but he was on a phone call and I didn't want to seem rude or intrusive. I mean the guy already loaned my wife his umbrella!

Inside the venue.
The dome.

As Tall As Lions.
Darren doing some audience participation.


When you're crazy talented, you just build your own instruments.

There's Paul doing his thing.
See what I mean with the blurryness??
Yeah right after this pic he jumped onto the audience and they crowd surfed him to the stage.

0 comments: