Today was my birthday! I turned a whopping 26 today, and that makes me feel old. At least I can finally say that I'm out of school! The big festivities started on Friday when Stephanie surprised me with an AMAZING hand-decorated birthday cake.We've been working on eating that sucker all weekend. That cake is the product of her first attempt to work with fondant and she did a fabulous job. The symbol is a reference to Halo, one of my fave video games. I love how she indulges my nerdiness, and she nailed the artwork. The work that went into that piece of awesome has it's own adventure that she'll talk about soon.
For my birthday dinner today, we had a Mexican feast! Steph made chicken enchiladas (recipe courtesy of Lacey Steele) as the main dish, which I was pretty excited about.My birthday has been quite fantastic. We had a great meal and we may have found our new church home this morning (stay tuned for more). Thanks to everyone who sent along birthday wishes.
In closing, here is a picture of me with my best gift ever.
August reading roundup #3
5 days ago
1 comments:
Happy Birthday Buddy!!!
{And nice work on the cake Steph!! Love it!!}