When David and I moved in to our apartment, one of our biggest concerns was the storage space. We were moving from a really spacious 2-bedroom to a cozier 1-bedroom. Before we left Texas, we cut down on our stuff a lot. Craigslist, storage and even giving things away were key in making sure we could 1) afford to move and 2) we could fit it in out new place!
Once we got here and learned how to utilize our vertical space, I started dreaming about a place to put my crafting supplies. My very own craft closet. It didn't take long for us to realize that we DID have enough space for me to commandeer a closet, and my Mom and I worked to make it happen. Here is what we came up with!
We took the door off of the hinges and stored it..somewhere else....
And we added a few shelves and then cut and stained a 'desk' to put inside. My mom even bought me fabulous rolling drawers that fit PERFECTLY inside!
And we added a few shelves and then cut and stained a 'desk' to put inside. My mom even bought me fabulous rolling drawers that fit PERFECTLY inside!
(Thanks Mom!)
On the left side, I used a pot-lid holder to store crafting books and electronic manuals. I added a corkboard, a whiteboard and used magnetic spice holders to keep track of my smaller scrapbooking supplies. We also bought a wall-mounted lamp to put up:
On the right, I have ANOTHER magnetic whiteboard and another corkboard. We used one of the racks that used to be in our Abilene kitchen to hold more of my crafting supplies:
And, after a some fun with some plastic bins and my handy label-maker, I have the most amazing space to store my stuff and craft as much as I please.
Whenever I want to scrapbook or make cards or play with my Cricut or {start learning to} use my sewing machine, I can even roll out the drawers for more workspace!
So that's it! You've seen my much-praised crafting area {which also happens to be the last "room" on our apartment tour}!
1 comments:
I just love it!! And I can just picture you sitting there, crafting away! Yay!! :)